News Score Table 中文版
Fixtures Top Scorer Club Information
Match Results Desktop Mod. Home
2022-23 HKFA FA Cup – Kitchee 4:1 Sham Shui Po 2022-12-03

Kitchee and Sham Shui Po squared off in Mongkok Stadium on Saturday afternoon for a FA Cup quarter-final battle. Dejan Damjanovic, Poon Pui-hin, Fernando Pedreira and Cleiton Velasques all scored for Kitchee on the day, as the side went on to beat Sham Shui Po by 4:1, while advancing to the FA Cup semi-final.

Kitchee generated a half decent scoring chance on the 14th minute, as Dejan Damjanovic connected with a teammate’s cross and headed the ball towards the Sham Shui Po net, only to miss hitting the intended target.

On the 26th minute, Kitchee’s Charlie Scott attempted an ambitious chip from the right flank, only to be nicely handled by young Sham Shio Po goalkeeper Tai Ting-hong.

Kitchee went on an took the lead on the 42nd minute, as the Sham Shui Po defense failed to clear the ball away from its danger area. The ball somehow fell onto the path of Kitchee’s Dejan Damjanovic, who duly smashed it home. Kitchee was now leading 1:0 with the end of the first half fast approaching.

The first half eventually completed with Kitchee enjoying a 1:0 lead over Sham Shui Po.

Kitchee continued with its pressure in the second half. On the 47th minute, a corner-kick attempt saw Kitchee’s Bekzhan Sagynbaev headed the ball onwards. Poon Pui-hin seized the opportunity and knocked the ball into the Sham Shui Po net. Kitchee was now leading 2:0.

Sham Shui Po did not give up and answered back on the 52nd minute, as Lai Kak-yi connected with a teammate’s corner-kick delivery and headed the ball home. Sham Shui Po got a timely boost and was now down by a single goal.

On the 66th minute, Kitchee nearly restored its two-goal lead, as the enterprising Poon Pui-hin made a darting run into the Sham Shui Po penalty area and pulled the trigger, only to see his effort turned away by Tai Ting-hong in net.

However, Kitchee was not to be denied and found the back of the net once again on the 70th minute. This time, Cleiton Velasques sent Fernando Pedreira through with a neat forward pass. The latter kept his cool and finished things off with a neat strike. The score was now 3:1 with Kitchee in front.

Deep in stoppage time, Kitchee’s Cleiton Velasques fired home from inside the Sham Shui Po penalty area, making it a 4:1 lead for Kitchee.

Both sides failed to add to the score in the remaining regulation time, as Kitchee cruised past Sham Shui Po through a 4:1 victory, while booking its spot in the FA Cup semi-final.

Kitchee 4:1 Sham Shui Po

Previous page
© All Rights Reserved 2011 Hong Kong Football Association.