News Score Table 中文版
Fixtures Top Scorer Club Information
Match Results Desktop Mod. Home
2020-21 BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League – RCFC 1:5 Lee Man 2021-02-28

RCFC took on Lee Man on Sunday evening for the last remaining BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League fixture of the weekend. Lee Man went all guns blazing on the evening and defeated a courageous RCFC through a 5:1 victory.

The match started with great pace and goal scoring chances quickly occurred in the opening minutes. On the 4th minute, RCFC’s Felipe De Sa pushed forward with the ball before firing a low drive from outside the Lee Man box. Unfortunately for RCFC, the Brazilian’s shot lacked the required pace to trouble Lee Man goalkeeper Chan Ka-ho.

On the other end, it was Lee Man’s turn, as Cheng Siu-kwan’s corner-kick delivery caused havoc inside the RCFC penalty area. Wong Chun-ho latched onto the loose ball and fired away, only to send the ball wide off target. The game was going end-to-end in the early goings.

Lee Man drew first blood of the game on the 17th minute, as Michael N’dri capitalized on a defensive error by an RCFC player, fired a low shot from inside the box and found the back of the net through the far-post. The score was now 1:0 with Lee Man in front.

Lee Man made it 2:0 on the 24th minute, as Martins Givanilton made a powerful run down the right wing and was eventually fouled by an RCFC player inside the box. The referee awarded Lee Man a penalty-kick. Veteran striker Michael N’dri made no mistake from the penalty spot and drove the ball home. The score was now 2:0 for Lee Man.

RCFC came up with a superb scoring chance on the 43rd minute, as Felipe De Sa’s close-range shot was magnificently turned aside by Chan Ka-ho in the Lee Man net. It was a brilliant save by the Lee Man shot stopper.

Right before the half time whistle, Lee Man’s Martins Givanilton gave chase to a teammate’s long pass, then shook off his marker, motored into the box and fired the ball home, putting Lee Man in front 3:0. It was a great goal by the Lee Man speedster.

RCFC generated an early scoring chance in the second half. On the 55th minute, Felipe De Sa picked out Law Chun-yan with a fine forward pass. Law took down the ball cleanly, then fired a quick shot under pressure but could not locate the intended target.

Lee Man duly added to its lead on the 58th minute, as substitute Kim Seung Yong broke behind the RCFC defense and finished things off with a clinical strike, making it 4:0 in the process.

Moments later, it was back to RCFC’s turn, as Liu Yik-shing made a great run down the left wing, broke into the box and unleashed a tight-angle shot that took a deflection off a Lee Man player and went out of play.

Both sides continued to trade scoring chances afterwards. On the 63rd minute, Martins Givanilton fired an acrobatic strike from the Lee Man danger area but was turned away by goalkeeper Chan Ka-ho.

On the other end, RCFC’s Wong Wai-kwok found himself on the receiving end of a teammate’s long pass, then muscled his way into the Lee Man penalty area and pulled the trigger, only to send the ball wide.

On the 71st minute, RCFC’s Carles Tena unloaded a cracking free-kick from the left wing that sailed narrowly above the Lee Man crossbar.

On the 90th minute, the referee spotted a Lee Man player committing a foul inside his own box and awarded RCFC with a penalty shot. Carles Tena blasted the ball home from the penalty spot and put RCFC on the scoreboard.

Deep in stoppage time, the lively Martins Givanilton knocked a great cross towards the middle. Kim Seung Yong applied a diving header and nodded the ball home. The score was now 5:1 with Lee Man well in front.

The 5:1 score eventually stood towards the final whistle, as Lee Man defeated RCFC on the evening.


RCFC 1:5 Lee Man 

Previous page
© All Rights Reserved 2011 Hong Kong Football Association.