News Score Table 中文版
Fixtures Top Scorer Club Information
Match Results Desktop Mod. Home
2020-21 BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League - Kwoon Chung Southern 1:2 Kitchee 2021-02-27

Kwoon Chung Southern and Kitchee locked horns in Siu Sai Wai Sports Ground on Saturday night for a BOC Life Hong Kong Premier League clash. Cleiton De Oliveira’s goal in stoppage time proved to be the eventual match-winner, as Kitchee secured a dramatic 2:1 victory over Kwoon Chung Southern.

Kwoon Chung Southern had a decent chance to open the score on the 12th minute, as Shu Sasaki’s free-kick from the left side found teammate Stefan Pereira. The latter fired away from inside the Kitchee box but could not beat goalkeeper Wang Zhenpeng with his shot.

On the other end, Kitchee came close to opening the score as well. Veteran Daniel Cancela picked out Matthew Orr with a lovely pass. Orr pulled the trigger but sent the ball just wide off target.

Kitchee generated a half decent scoring chance on the 28th minute, as Cleiton De Oliveira made a darting run with the ball before finding Matthew Orr with a smart pass. The latter took his chance and unloaded another shot but once again failed to locate the intended target.

Past the half-hour mark, Kwoon Chung Southern came up with its own scoring chance. Shu Sasaki took aim from a free-kick and sent the ball straight towards the Kitchee net. However, goalkeeper Wang Zhenpeng proved equal to the task and handled the shot comfortably.

Kitchee came close to opening the score on the 37th minute. Cleiton De Oliveira’s corner-kick was nodded backwards by a Kitchee teammate. Matthew Orr fired away at the back-post but saw his effort rung off the Kwoon Chung Southern goal-post and stayed out of the net. The game remained scoreless.

Right before the half-time whistle, Kitchee’s Manu Gavilan tried his luck with a long-range blast but could not get past Tse Tak-him in the Kwoon Chung Southern net. Both sides returned to the dressing room for half time with game being scoreless.

Kwoon Chung Southern and Kitchee started the second half somewhat slowly and failed to come up with any decent scoring opportunity in the early going.

Kitchee’s fortune took a sudden downturn on the 70th minute, as defender Park Junheong picked up his second yellow card of the game and his subsequent marching order. Kitchee was down to ten men.

However, it was Kitchee that broke the stalemate on the 75th minute. Ju Yingzhi teed up teammate Jose Baena with a perfect pass. The Spanish midfielder let rip and sent a spectacular drive straight to the back of the Kwoon Chung Southern net. Kitchee was up 1:0.

Kwoon Chung Southern wasted little time to tie the game. On the 77th minute, Matthew Cahill capitalized on a goal-mouth scramble inside the Kitchee penalty area and sent the ball home with a quick strike. The game was now tied at 1:1.

On the 79th minute, Kwoon Chung Southern’s Stefan Pereira capitalized on some sloppy Kitchee defending and went one-on-one against goalkeeper Wang Zhenpeng. However, Wang stood tall on the occasion and smartly defused the danger.

Kitchee tried to regain its lead and came close on the 82nd minute. Manu Gavilan gave chase to a teammate’s long pass and fired away, only to send his shot over the Kwoon Chung Southern crossbar.


Late in the game, events took a dramatic turn, as Kitchee regained the lead in stoppage time. Cleiton De Oliveira unleashed a cracking free-kick that found the back of the Kwoon Chung Southern net, putting his side in front 2:1 with little time remaining.

Both sides failed to add to the score in the remaining regulation time, as Kitchee secured a dramatic 2:1 victory over Kwoon Chung Southern and claimed all three points.

Kwoon Chung Southern 1:2 Kitchee 

Previous page
© All Rights Reserved 2011 Hong Kong Football Association.