News Score Table 中文版
Fixtures Top Scorer Club Information
Match Results Desktop Mod. Home
2020-21 Sapling Cup Group A - Kitchee 3:1 Tin Shui Wai Pegasus 2021-02-20

Kitchee squared off against Tin Shui Wai Pegasus on Saturday evening for a crunching Sapling Cup Group A battle. Kitchee dominated much of the proceedings and came out on top through a commanding 3:1 victory over Tin Shui Wai Pegasus.

Kitchee wasted no time at the start of the game and quickly poured pressure towards the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus danger area. On the 4th minute, Kitchee’s Chan Shinichi stepped up to the ball on the left side and drilled a smashing shot towards the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus goal. Goalkeeper Felix Luk was extremely alert and paved the ball away through a splendid save.

However, Kitchee was not to be denied and duly opened the score on the 8th minute. Veteran Daniel Cancela knocked a teasing cross towards the middle. Forward Matthew Orr beat goalkeeper Felix Luk to the ball and nodded it home through a leaping header. Kitchee took an early lead in the game.

It was still Kitchee afterwards. On the 23rd minute, Kitchee’s Law Tsz-chun teed up teammate Barak Braunshtain near the top of the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus box. Braunshtain unloaded a quick strike but could not get his shot past the extremely alert Felix Luk in net.

Near the half-hour mark, it was Kitchee once again. This time, Chan Shinichi picked up the ball on the left flank through teammate Cleiton De Oliveira. Chan pulled the trigger but sent the ball just wide off the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus goal-post.

Tin Shui Wai Pegasus drew level on the 39th minute, as Marcos Da Silva took down a teammate’s long pass cleanly on the left wing, then cut towards the middle before belting a sweet curling shot that gave Kitchee goalkeeper Wang Zhenpeng absolutely no chance. It was a spectacular strike by the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus attacker and the game was now tied at 1:1.

Both sides eventually wrapped up the first half with the same score.

Kitchee came up with a half-decent scoring chance early in the second half. On the 49th minute, Spanish debutant Jose Baena made a sweet delivery and knocked the ball towards the middle. Chan Shinichi sent a dangerous header towards the Tin Shi Wai Pegasus goal but could not locate the intended target.

Kitchee regained the lead on the 57th minute, as Cleiton De Oliveira made a powerful run down the right wing before whipping a great cross towards the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus goal-mouth. Matthew Orr fought off pressure from opposing players and nodded the ball home from the doorstep. Kitchee was up 2:1.

Matthew Orr nearly snatched a hat-trick on the 65th minute, as the towering Kitchee striker connected with a Chan Shinichi cross and sent a superb diving header straight at the Tin Shui Wai Pegasus net. Goalkeeper Felix Luk stood tall on the occasion and tipped the ball over the crossbar.

On the 82nd minute, Tin Shui Wai Pegasus’ Ng Man-hei tried to equalize for his side through an ambitious shot from outside the Kitchee box. However, Ng’s effort lacked power to trouble the well-positioned Wang Zhenpeng in the Kitchee goal.

Kitchee pulled further away on the 84th minute, as Cleiton De Oliveira’s free-kick delivery found Helio Goncalves inside the box. The Kitchee defender timed his jump perfectly and headed the ball home with authority, making it 3:1 for Kitchee.

Tin Shui Wai Pegasus’ fortune continued to take a downturn, as defender Jose Borges committed a foul on the 86th minute in his own half and was shown a straight red card by the referee. Tin Shui Wai Pegasus was down to ten men.

The score stood towards the final whistle, as Kitchee secured a 3:1 victory over Tin Shui Wai Pegasus on the evening.

Kitchee 3:1 Tin Shui Wai Pegasus

Previous page
© All Rights Reserved 2011 Hong Kong Football Association.