News Score Table 中文版
Fixtures Top Scorer Club Information
Match Results Desktop Mod. Home
2019-20 HKFA Sapling Cup Group B – Best Union Yuen Long 1:2 Kwoon Chung Southern 2020-02-12

Best Union Yuen Long took on Kwoon Chung Southern on Wednesday afternoon in Jockey Club HKFA Football Training Centre Pitch No. 2 for a tasty Sapling Cup Group B clash. Kota Kawase’s goal late in the second-half proved to be the eventual match-winner, as Kwoon Chung Southern went on to beat Best Union Yuen Long 2:1.

Best Union Yuen Long wasted no time and fired the first shot of the game. On the opening minute, Mikael Severo picked up the ball on the right-side of the Kwoon Chung Southern box and pulled the trigger. However, Kwoon Chung Southern goalkeeper Choy Tsz-to stood his ground and pulled off a solid save under pressure.

On the other end, Kwoon Chung Southern seized the opportunity and drew first blood of the game. On the 5th minute, Paco Chan delivered a great cross towards the middle. Travis Major unleashed a flying header and knocked the ball home with ease. Kwoon Chung Southern was up by a goal.

Afterwards, the Hong Kong Island-side almost added another goal. On the 9th minute, Kota Kawase intercepted a pass between two Best Union Yuen Long players, then pushed into the opponent’s penalty area and fired a quick shot but sent the ball wide off the goal-post.

On the half-hour mark, Kwoon Chung Southern came up with yet another scoring chance. This time, Lau Ka-ming’s corner-kick found Travis Major inside the Best Union Yuen Long box. The Australian forward dished out a powerful header but saw his effort cleared off the goal-line by Best Union Yuen Long’s Wong Chun-hin. The New Territories side certainly dodged a bullet on the occasion.

Right before the half-time whistle, Best Union Yuen Long had a glorious chance to equalize. Junior Soares connected with a teammate’s long throw-in and flicked the ball towards the Kwoon Chung Southern net through a leaping header. Lau Ka-ming managed to clear the ball off the goal-line for Kwoon Chung Southern, successfully defusing the danger.

Early in the second-half, Kwoon Chung Southern almost expanded its lead. On the 50th minute, Philip Chan went on a great run and went one-on-one against Best Union Yuen Long goalkeeper Chan Ka-ho. The Kwoon Chung Southern attacker managed to get off a shot but fired the ball wide off the Best Union Yuen Long goal.

Best Union Yuen Long equalized on the 57th minute, as Lai Kak-yi belted a left-footer from inside the Kwoon Chung Southern box that hit the back of the net. The game was tied at 1:1.

The New Territories side nearly went in front on the 77th minute. Lai Kak-yi floated a dangerous cross into the penalty area but was headed away by a Kwoon Chung Southern player. Fabio Alcantara picked up the loose ball and fired away, only to send the ball wide off target.

Kwoon Chung Southern had a glorious chance to reclaim the lead. On the 83rd minute, Lau Ka-ming delivered a free-kick towards the Best Union Yuen Long far-post. Zeshan Rehman managed to knock it back towards the middle. Kota Kawase went sliding in but fired the ball straight at the goal-post.

The Hong Kong Island-side kept pressing for the go-ahead goal and eventually went in front for the second time in the game. On the 85th minute, Chan Kwon-ho sent a cross into the Best Union Yuen Long penalty area. Travis Major applied a nifty header and nodded the ball to the goal-mouth. Kota Kawase went flying in once again and poked the ball home. The score was now 2:1 with Kwoon Chung Southern in front.

Both sides failed to add to the score in the remaining regulation time, as Kwoon Chung Southern went on to defeat Best Union Yuen Long by 2:1.


Best Union Yuen Long 1:2 Kwoon Chung Southern


Previous page
© All Rights Reserved 2011 Hong Kong Football Association.