News Score Table 中文版
Fixtures Top Scorer Club Information
Match Results Desktop Mod. Home
Season Playoff
Kitchee 3:0 Tuen Mun

Kitchee edged out Tuen Mun 3-0 in the 2012-2013 Season Playoffs Final on Sunday afternoon in Mong Kok Stadium, successfully claiming the entry-ticket for next season’s AFC Cup campaign.

Kitchee started the game in a positive manner and almost scored the opening goal when Jordi Tarres’ cross was met by teammate Cheng Siu-wai. The local striker quickly fired away but saw his effort cleared away by Tuen Mun’s Lai Yiu-cheong.

Kitchee threatened again shortly afterwards when Chu Siu-kei delivered a lovely cross that was one-timed by Lo Kwan-yee. Unfortunately, his shot was blocked by a Tuen Mun player courageously. The ball was swung back into the Tuen Mun box but Lam Ka-wai failed to hit the target with his acrobatic header.

Li Haiqiang was bossing the midfield for the New Territories side and his free-kick proved to be a great threat towards the Kitchee goal. On the 20th minute, Li’s in-swinging free-kick was sailing towards teammate Yip Tsz-chun. Unfortunately for Tuen Mun, the attacker failed to re-direct the ball towards the Kitchee goal.

Tuen Mun had another glorious opportunity to get on the scoreboard. On the 40th minute, Diego Moreira whipped in a lovely cross into the Kitchee box. A surging Yip Tsz-chun launched himself mid-air but his flying header just missed the wide open Kitchee goal.

Kitchee kept pressing for the opening goal in the second half, when Chu Siu-kei’s short corner picked out Pablo Counago on the 52nd minute. The Spanish striker then sent the ball into the Tuen Mun box but Jordi Tarres’ quick-shot just missed the target.

The newly-crowned FA Cup champion finally broke down the Tuen Mun defense on the 58th minute when Cheung Kin-fung delivered a superb cross that was met by Jordi Tarres. The in-form Spanish striker blasted his shot that hit the back of the net in an instant. Kitchee was now leading by 1-0.

Kitchee doubled their lead on the 66th minute when a teasing cross into the Tuen Mun box was courageously directed into the net by midfield dynamo Huang Yang. Kitchee suddenly found themselves leading by two goals.

Tuen Mun almost cut the deficit by half on the 71st minute when Wong Chi-chung’s throw-in was headed towards the Kitchee goal by teammate Yip Tsz-chun. However, Yip’s header lacked accuracy and just missed the Kitchee goal.

Kitchee almost added another goal on the 77th minute when Chu Siu-kei led a counter-attacked and picked out Cheung Kin-fung with a superb pass. The full-back smashed the ball but Tuen Mun keeper Wei Zhao brilliantly paved the ball away to safety.

Chan Man-fai made it 3-0 late in the game for Kitchee, as the newly-crowned FA Cup winner celebrate winning the 2012-2013 Season Playoffs while punching their entry-ticket for next season’s AFC Cup. 

Kitchee 3:0 Tuen Mun

Previous page
© All Rights Reserved 2011 Hong Kong Football Association.